“I think about it from a Buddhist perspective, which is that just being present and being in joy is success, and therefore it's available to anyone.” – James Currier
James Currier (@JamesCurrier) is General Partner of NFX, an early stage VC firm with a focus on startups with potential for network effects. Before founding NFX, James co-founded four successful companies: Tickle (acquired by Monster), Wonderhill (merged with Kabam), IronPearl (acquired by PayPal), and Jiff (merged with Castlight).
To hear James’ full interview, including how he invests in network effects businesses, click here.
Chapters in this bonus interview:
- Bonding curves and seeing the big picture
- ADD and health habits
- Recommended books and resources
- On success, failure and gratitude
Links from this bonus episode
Books Recommended by James Currier
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell)
- The Square and the Tower: Networks and Power, from the Freemasons to Facebook by Niall Ferguson
- Graph Theory and Complex Networks: An Introduction by Maarten van Steen
- Scale: The Universal Laws of Life, Growth, and Death in Organisms, Cities, and Companies by Geoffrey West
- High Growth Handbook: Scaling Startups From 10 to 10,000 People by Elad Gil