“I'm trying to optimize for happiness. I'm not trying to optimize for ego.” – Vivek Sodera
Vivek Sodera (@vsodera) is Co-Founder of Superhuman, a platform striving to be the fastest email experience in the world. He is also an investor, with a portfolio of companies including Framework, UtilizeCore, Rewatch, Bunches, and Playbook. He previously co-founded Airseed and LiveRamp, though he started his career in nuclear engineering.
To hear Vivek’s full interview, including his thoughts on being a non-CEO co-founder, click here.
Chapters in this bonus interview:
- What Vivek looks for in founders when investing
- On strengths and struggles
- Habits, routines and tools
- Inspiring people and books
- On failure and success
Links from this bonus episode
- Kyle Vogt
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Quote from Justin Kahn: “Fitness is the first step to greatness.”
- Roam Research
- Martin Luther King, Jr. quote: "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
- Malcom X
- Otto von Bismarck
- How to uncover your real company values – Superhuman blog
Books Recommended by Vivek Sodera
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie's
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything Else In Business by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Pantrick Lencioni